Creative floor tile layouts, luxurious ceilings, Lego-style concrete blocks, and more product news from the past week.
• Tensile strength stronger than steel? Slow burning? Could bamboo be the next big building material?
• From domes to barrel vaults to wood beams, here are 5 uber-luxe ways to dress up a ceiling.
• A British firm wants to simplify the way we install concrete with blocks that emulate Lego. The real question is: Will they still hurt like mad when you step on them in the middle of the night?
• How it’s made: A day in the life of a paint factory.
• Ductless mini-split air conditioners are an efficient alternative to central AC. But they can be a bit of an eyesore. Here are 10 tips to better integrate these units into a design.
• Finally, hand tools and grout are in the pop culture spotlight, thanks to Weird Al Yankovic and his rap parody “Handy.”
• How to use cloud computing to stay better connected on the jobsite.
Etched tiles, high-efficiency toilets, heated work jackets, and two other products that crossed our desks this week.
5 new products, including 3-D Italian tiles, Victorian-inspired faucets, and fire-resistant work jeans.
More finds from KBIS, rising lumber prices, wallpaper’s comeback, and other product news from around the web this week.
Hungry for more from the Kitchen & Bath Show? Here are additional collections of trends and products. (And don’t miss last week’s link roundup for even more.)
From across the room at the grand opening of the Urbanata sustainable products showroom in South Seattle, the wall of Agrestal tiles looked like oxidized, riveted metal, accented with wood along the base. As I drew closer, the aesthetics remained quite convincing.
A collection of product-themed stories from the past week, including Builders’ Show product previews, how plywood changed the world, and 13 celebrity kitchens.
Malibu-inspired Spanish tiles, modular refrigeration, a lightweight fall-arrest harness, and two other products to wrap up the week.
With the vast array of glass, porcelain, and metal tiles on the market, the options for creating one-of-a-kind backsplashes in the kitchen and the bath are limitless. Here are 10 that stand out for their elegant simplicity, creative combinations, or artful aesthetics.
A truly one-of-a-kind option, this colorful backsplash made with recycled skateboards is featured in a kitchen in the Lofts at Cherokee Studios multifamily project in L.A. Read the rest of this entry »
Five new products, including two luxurious soaking tubs, nature-imitating tiles, and class-leading band saws. Read the rest of this entry »
Water-saving showerheads, modern pellet stoves, slate-look porcelain tile, and two more products that caught our attention this week.