Kernel-caressing microwaves, awesome lighting tricks, paper houses, and other product news from around the web this week.
• Office workers rejoice! A new microwave from Whirlpool has sound sensors that will adjust popcorn-cooking time for optimal results.
• When a simple sconce or spotlight just won’t do, try one of these 18 cool lighting tricks.
• 4 steps to squeak-free floors.*
• Top 10 truck trends for 2014.
• From spiral stairs to fiberglass doors to insulating housewrap, here’s a look at 38 more products from the Builders’ Show.
• 7 tools made right here in the U.S. of A.
• Walk-in closets and low-E windows—expected. Laminate countertops? Not so much. See “what’s most likely to show up in single-family homes in 2014,” according to an NAHB survey.
• We’re feeling a distinct urge to doodle. Check out these 10 houses made with paper.
• Have a gorgeous project featuring Marvin Windows? The manufacturer has opened its sixth annual Architects Challenge design contest.
*Disclosure: The author of this article is a client of this blog’s parent company.
Product news from the past week, including stylish shower benches, finds from the Remodeling Show, smokin’ chimney caps, skyrocketing solar, and more.
5 new products, including contemporary interior doors, gel knee pads, and innovative surfacing.
5 new products, including eye-catching copper shower pans, an ultra-modern cube-like fireplace, and handy in-wall USB chargers.
The shower takes on a whole new look and feel with these copper and stainless steel pans Read the rest of this entry »
5 new product options, including classic-style faucets, modern entry doors, and high-performance recip saw blades.
Etched tiles, high-efficiency toilets, heated work jackets, and two other products that crossed our desks this week.
Panasonic’s Power Tool division is increasing the flexibility of its cordless tools with Dual Voltage Technology, an industry-first offering that allows users to switch between 18- and 14.4.-volt lithium-ion batteries on the same tool.