Buzz: Product News Roundup, Kitchen-and-Bath EditionPosted: 04.28.2012
Products and trends from KBIS, self-healing concrete, HOA solar wars, and other product news from around the web this week.
The Kitchen & Bath Show was held this past week in Chicago, and there was no shortage of new products and cool trends. Products Insider will be showcasing some new introductions next week, but in the meantime, here are some of the products and observations direct from the show floor:
• Housing Zone: 21 Product Innovations From KBIS
• Builder: KBIS Product Preview
• Woodworking Network: Cabinetry, component, and hardware trends from KBIS
• Remodeling: New Kitchen and bath products that make life easier
• Spring cleaning isn’t just for the house. Here are some tips for sprucing up your power tools.
• Ditch the drab slab with these 8 ideas for eye-catching interior doors.
• One scientist believes bacteria may be the cure for “concrete cancer” (aka, cracks).
• The charm of a restaurant, without the need to tip: 8 café-inspired lighting installations.
• The battle continues: Solar panels versus homeowner’s associations.
• His-and-hers bathrooms aren’t as simple as installing two sinks. John Spain Builders outlines some things to think about.