Buzz: Product News Roundup, Show Stoppers EditionPosted: 02.14.2012
Product-related news from the past week, including highlights from the 2012 International Builders’ Show, modern wood paneling, thermostat wars, and more.
Couldn’t make it to the Builders’ Show last week? Here is a selection of post-show highlights:
• The Wall Street Journal’s 5 favorite products from the show.
• 12 show finds from Remodeling magazine.
• Professional Builder spotlighted the latest design trends and products in its three Show Village homes. Take a virtual tour here.
• The Qualified Remodeler staff shares its views on the show.
• 8 quick-and-easy design tips from the Builders’ Show.
• Window & Door magazine’s collection of window and door products from the show floor.
• More doors and windows, this time from Door & Window Manufacturer magazine.
•Architects and designers offered up 90 ideas in 90 minutes. Here are 20 of them.
• Putting those fad rumors to rest, McGraw-Hill predicts the green home market will increase five-fold by 2016.
• So long, ’70s. Check out 11 examples of wood paneling done right.
• Think Baby Boomers are the key demographic to housing’s recovery? Think again. The NAHB’s chief economist points to young, unsatisfied renters.
• The much buzzed-about Nest thermostat is getting buzz for another reason: Honeywell is suing for patent infringement.
• Garage doors deliver more bang for the resale buck.